andrewandoru home

labs: AERender (AE render droplet for OS X). . .

aerender_dock

Just like the MayaRender app, but for After Effects. A quick and easy way to launch AE renders without using the resources necessary to load up the After Effects UI and load each preview frame into memory. Plus this gives you the ability to launch multiple renders at once if you so choose.

Essentially just another way to render in the background (inspired by Lloyd Alvarez’s great BG Render script on aescripts.com), but without ever having to open AE. Render speeds should also be slightly quicker this way as well since no resources are used by the app and only the render engine.

AEae_v1.1 download page. . .

Demo:

Here is a quick demo of the AERender & AEae apps (both available in the “labs” section of this site.

QuickTime Version 960×600 (27MB)

iPhone Version

Enjoy! If there are any issues or concerns please contact: andoruLABS.support.

[andoru.LABS]

100 Responses

1. PJ Palomaki says:

Hi,

To get this script working in CS6:

1. Command-click the ‘AERender’ app
    2. Select ‘Show Package Contents’
    3. Navigate to ‘Contents->Resources->Script’
    4. Double-click ‘main.scpt’ to open the script in AppleScript Editor
    5. Replace path ‘/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/aerender’ with ‘/Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/aerender’
    6. Save
    7. Done!

2. Akiba says:

Can this script work on a directory? In other words, I have a folder with 80 files in it that all need rendering. Can I use this script to run the render on all the files in the folder? If not, can I get you to enhance this script for my needs? I would be very grateful…($)

Thanks

3. Chris says:

i did the script change for cs6 and get prompted with this error message every time:

“aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects”

any ideas?

4. jb says:

wow, very usefull thanks a lot !

5. jos says:

The script edit does not work. :(

When I start AErender it says the script is uncompiled? EDIT or OK?

6. Omer Headington says:

About 69 million tonnes of apples were grown worldwide in 2010, and China produced almost half of this total. The United States is the second-leading producer, with more than 6% of world production. Turkey is third, followed by Italy, India and Poland. Apples are often eaten raw, but can also be found in many prepared foods (especially desserts) and drinks. Many beneficial health effects have been found from eating apples; however, two forms of allergies are seen to various proteins found in the fruit.,

Most recent write-up produced by our web blog

7. Matthew says:

This is awesome! Any chance of a PC version in the future?

8. Ricky Diaghe says:

This is a godsend! Thanks so much Andrew and thank you community for explaining how to make this work with ae cs6.

9. Allen Dale says:

Hi! i’ve downloaded the cs5 version. When i want to use it, it says file “AERender” is damaged and con’t be opened. You should move it to Trash. I need help, whats wrong with it?

10. Gabriel says:

Hi there,

Thank you for your script!
    I’ve been using it extensively, but it stopped working for me today. It keeps looking for an older file that I rendered in the past, and not the file that I need to currently render. How would I fix that?
    Thanks!

11. patrick says:

Anyone knows if there is a version that works with Adobe CC?

12. Awly says:

Hey!
    I installed AErender_v1.1.app , the universal version.
    First time you launch it, the app is asking this :
    «Where is the After Effects aerender executable located?»

and I don’t know where I should find it.

What ever I pointing to, the Terminal is showing this line :
    « /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/: is a directory »

What should I pointing at?
    Thanks